A freeware add-on for Windows lets you mark folders with color-coded icons to make a search for important information a "one-glance" affair.Folder icons can be customized using the standard Windows method, but with Folder Marker Free you can do this on the fly from the right-click menu of a folder. So there is no need to go through additional dialogs or run Folder Marker Free itself! Simply select the folder you want to mark, right-click on its icon and select a color-coded icon from the drop-down menu. The icon will be assigned to the folder at once.
- Folder Marker can change a folder icon with one mouse click
- Folder Marker can mark folders by priority (high, normal, low), by degree of work complete (done, half-done, planned) and by the type of the information contained in a folder (work files, important files, temp files, private files).
- Folder Marker can change a folder's color
- Folder Marker changes folder icons from a popup menu of the folders. To mark a folder, you don't even need to run the program!
- Folder Marker's menu can contain convenient category submenus.
- Folder Marker contains a User Icons tab. Add up to 10 of your favorite icons and mark folders with them. It's easy!
- Folder Marker can work with several folders at once
- Folder Marker can assign an icon to a folder from: ICO, ICL, EXE, DLL, CPL or BMP file
- Folder Marker supports 32-bits icons