- Find music with advanced search functionality that digs through your collection to find tracks according to almost any criteria that you can think of. Search for Composer, Year, Beats per minute; find Lyrics, etc. and stop pulling your hair out trying to find music you know you have.
- Customize your library by setting filters to display only Artists or Albums that match criteria that you set. For example, set a filter that causes Artists to appear in the tree only if they contain Albums that are currently available, and are of any genre other than ‘Children’.
- Encode unlimited MP3s without having to manually install a new MP3 encoder (the free version of MediaMonkey includes a time-limited LAME MP3 encoder. If you’re so inclined, you can manually replace it with the free LAME encoder, or you can just upgrade to MediaMonkey Gold).
- Catalog your physical CDs and use the Virtual CD feature to keep track of what CDs you own and at the same time see which subset of tracks from those CDs are copied to your hard drive. Instead of tracking your CDs and tracks separately, the virtual CD function gives you an integrated view..
- Import and save audio tracks from Audio CDs and MP3 CDs with unprecedented flexibility using the Virtual CD. It allows you to sample tracks from various sources, select which ones you want to import, and then import and save the files in a single operation.
- Create Previews, short samples of audio tracks, that you can use when trying to decide which audio files you want to add to your collection.
- Use a Sleep Timer to play your music, gradually fade it over a set period of time, and then turn off your PC – perfect for listening to tunes before you go to sleep.
- Burn CDs at the maximum speed permitted by your hardware.