Windows Thin PC is a "locked down version of Windows 7 designed to help repurpose existing PCs as thin clients", helping customers save money on hardware, and replaces Microsoft's previous thin client OS, Windows Fundamentals for Legacy PCs. Microsoft promises a "rich VDI experience through support for RemoteFX, improved endpoint security by denying certain disk writes via filters, [and] enterprise-grade management support through System Center". The Assembly is based on the original images from MSDN. Was integrated languages: English, Russian, and updates to January 8, 2018.
• Integrated updates for January 8, 2018;
• Integrated language packs: English, Russian;
• Integrated Internet Explorer 11.0.49;
• User Account Control (UAC) is turned off;
• Integrated components that are missing in the original Windows Thin PC, but are necessary for easy operation:
- .Net Framework 3.0-3.5
- Windows Search
- System Restore
- Search Drivers
- Burn images of Windows disks
- Windows Photo Viewer
- Application Runtimes and Libraries
- Scanners and Faxes
- File-Based Write Filter
- File Compression Utility
- Graphics Platform
- Premium Codecs: Dolby AC3, MPEG2 and Dolby Decoder, MPEG2 Decoder, MPEG2 Encoder, MPEG3, MPEG4, WMV
- Activation is built-in. Produced by online activation of the MAK key. Activation will be performed automatically at the end of the installation and before the first start
• Processor: 1 GHz or higher.
• RAM: 512 MB.
• Free space on hard disk: 10 GB.
• Graphics card: graphics device Microsoft DirectX 9 or later.